21.4.11

a little paris on a thursday


NY Times interview with my favourite Parisienne, Inès de la Fressange.

Also, artist Juliana Santacruz Herrera has been performing pothole interventions in Paris by filling them with brightly coloured braids of yarn. This kind of urban artwork always makes me happy.

Reminds me of a bike I saw in NYC a few weeks ago:



In general blog news, I'm just four days away from the end of term and will be back online after my last exam. By the way, are you doing anything for the Royal Wedding? I'll be in Canada, but have a little champagne and breakfast spread planned for 5 am. So very excited... I can't wait to see the dress. Sarah Burton/McQueen is probably the last designer I would have guessed Middleton to pick (if the rumours are true), but whoever she chose, I am looking forward to seeing the resulting creation.

Have a fun, chocolate egg filled weekend...

pothole art via honestly... wtf

10 comments:

Perverse Beauty said...

This is AMAZING. Made my day.

I'm also excited to see what she's going to wear...

xx - Lera

jennie said...

omg! that's in my nieghborhood! i see those bikes everywhere... it's so funny because could you even imagine the person at home crocheting a bike sweater? i like to think about that.
:)

Lady Jersey said...

I find your blog so strange and that's why I love your blog !!

http://theladyjersey.blogspot.com

Xoxo

sam said...

incredible art.

Bombay Beauty said...

Love this idea of pothole interventions - much needed and also lovely that the sidewalks bleed color rather than refuse! xo bb

Anonymous said...

much less pretty but similar idea,

http://pinterest.com/pin/25436149/

Ali

Dkny watches said...

Bravo
This made my day.

Alexander Wang said...

I like this bike, creative design, best dress for bike!

Pralinka said...

wonderful piece of art <3

BTW, I’m your big fan – your style is really original and I read your blog very often and I just wonder..if we could follow each other.. But even if your answer is “no” I’ll be still your reader <3

xoxo

chocarome.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

What a lovely way to brighten up a potholed pavement!!

www.isabelbay.blogspot.com