27.1.10

wishful thinking

It is most uninviting outside today, and I'm feeling an acute desire to trade the howling wind for warm ocean surf. This image from the late '60s by Southern photographer William Eggleston reflects my current headspace pretty accurately. His ability to capture banal moments in such ways that they become beautiful is inspiring to me. Read an interview with Harmony Korine here. His work is currently on exhibit in London and NY (Chicago next month) if you are in the mood for a colourful and eye-opening afternoon out.

11 comments:

dario said...

somebody started to blog again :)

la femme said...

Ja. Some stilinberlin inspired posts coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a wonderful photo. I love the beautiful in the banal and less the banal in the beautiful but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

xo Jenny
Ps Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog!

Anonymous said...

I love that photo. It reminds me of the pure joy of traveling, of a holiday, of that freedom...beautiful! Glad you are back!

xoxo

Lucy

Manon said...

That really is a beautiful photo!

Linda said...

Great photo and interview!

la femme said...

I thought so too.

Gio Goi Jeans said...

I totally agree, stunning photo!

childrens jewellery said...

Can't agree more

notanymore said...

Hrm... anglais, francais...japonais?

I am with you in your current headspace. I am seriously ready for my upcoming trip to Singapore in March. I neeeeeeed beaches...

said...

Great photo!
-Emma

Please indulge in a freshly picked fruit//

http://perverseflamexxvi.blogspot.com/