22.1.10

she's no lola


...but she'll do. First photo of the decade, taken with the less crazed of my 2 cats. This one puts up with my travelling so long as I am a willing human chariot at home. As you can see, one of my new year's resolutions is to wear glasses more often. I'm blind as a baby badger without some kind of lenses, but am abstaining from contacts both to justify the expense of my beloved Persols and because contacts are a bother on the road. 23 days and counting. Let's see how I do...
(Another resolution is to cook more often. I'm doing better on the glasses front, but this creation of my mom's is delicious and pretty easy - spinach linguine with rapini and sauteed shrimp).

8 comments:

April Kam said...

looks delicious!

Claire said...

ah, that's so cute! Lola says hi...x

Clare said...

That's funny, your first New Year's resolution is the opposite of what I'm doing! I'm trying to wear contacts more often because I'd like to see my real face properly now...

Good to see the updates are flowing in :) I'll be looking out for more Edinburgh pics too!

la femme said...

April: It was!

Claire: hi back x

Clare: Come back for them soon :)

Anonymous said...

mischa i miss you!!

la femme said...

Ha, you tortured her Bop!

theue said...

the domestic-ness comes out! as much as i try to live the fancy life in my imaginary head...the truth is i wear nerd girl glasses and cook dinner just about every day. it's not glamorous but familiar and part of what is essentially moi. so when you spoke of your resolution to wear glasses and cook more it sent a small little hurrah! to the housemother and nerd girl within. if the lovely la femme is making the leap toward my side of the neighborhood...it just may mean there's hope for me yet.

la femme said...

I will think of you while cooking dinner in my nerd girl glasses :)