14.9.06

sari gueron

I read an article before Sari Gueron's show that mentioned her passion for surfing, and how that, and wearing clothes in a "chill" way would be the theme of her collection. For me, this mood came through in the best possible sense. From the first look, the models seemed like they belonged on a sandy beach, waves washing over their tanned ankles. The show opened with Lisa Cant in a simple white shift dress that featured a corsage detail at the neck... this was followed by breezy dresses that fell either above the knee or to the floor, and a few short-and-shirt ensembles. If I had to pick one to take on a beach getaway, it would be the [lined] version of this:


I love how simple and fluid this piece is- it reminds me of the muslin corset covers worn in the Victorian era. The birkenstocks have got to go, though. I understand that they contribute to the laid back atmosphere, but they completely spoil my beach fantasy.

5 comments:

Julia said...

I love long sheer dresses too, my mum recently made me a beautiful orange/brown organza bamboo print dress and I can't wait to don it this summer, with simple flats and a tan.

Asian Lep said...

She's like the femme version of Zac Posen- her dresses are worth every penny. It's so funny to think that the little girl who refused to wear dresses growing up designs some of the prettiest of her generation...

j said...

Mildly romantic in a head sashay sort of way.

j said...

Mildly romantic in a head sashay sort of way.

eurobrat said...

head sashay? I'm becoming addicted to your poetic comments!