7.7.06

modern opium den

Regular readers have probably ascertained by now that I have a big thing for miu miu. Whenever I happen upon one of those "oh I love it!" items in a designer sale, it invariably seems to have a miu miu label (well, Roland Mouret, Rick Owens et al haven't found their way into the shops here yet!). My beloved handbag of the past 2 years is a miu miu (or moo moo as a friend calls it, due to the material) and I've posted before about daily footwear. That said, the last miu miu collection was a disappointment, but Inez & Vinoodh have worked their photographic magic and created a stunning set of shots for fall/winter 07. Modelled by Dong Dji and Zhou Xun, the whole campaign is a contrast of '2046' hyper elegance and 1970s disco sleaze. It almost looks like Wong Kar Wei had a hand in the art direction for some of the photographs. Overall, I love the campaign, but laughed and had to agree with commenter captain_hook that "...this shoot is so cool. It's like a bunch of beautiful wealthy alien prostitutes". You have a point my friend.



The rest can be found here.

No comments: