2.6.06

l'artiste



Bien sûr, that is what La Femme looks like while doing her stretches before work.... but that's not what this post is about. It is about the fashion illustrations of Andrea Marshall. I only just stumbled upon her website- a very happy accident, as there is something about this femme's artwork that leaves me gobsmacked. The figures seem to tell a story- whether through their poses and expressions, or the settings Marshall creates for them. Her use of colour (or lack thereof) is striking. The Lola and Psyche series are my favourite...


via coacd

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i was introduced to andrea marshall via confessions of a casting director and fell in love with her art work as well. really great.

M said...

These are great! I had never seen her work, I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful how expressive some of their faces are, set off against the simple lines of the outfits. Fab.
x

Anonymous said...

I love the washed out look of the leopard print, and the one with the fan.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Thanks! What imagination, clever ideas of modelling! I like the balancing of the teacup!!