25.2.06

the geometry of versace

The Gianni Versace fall/06 collection was to-die-for. Donatella's designs have moved (at least for one season!) from over the top sexpot excess to pared down wearable glamour. Despite the lack of glitz, the collection was so sleekly sexy that I think the late Gianni would have approved. The models looked fierce and ethereal with their sleek straight hair, eye magnifying blue metallic makeup, short blue fingernails and patent heels. For daywear, Donatella combined inky blue with black in linear, Sixties shapes, while a range of metallics were used for the draped dresses and gowns. The geometric coats worn by Daria and Gemma (below and left) are fantastic- especially with those purple soled knee high boots. Hooray Donatella!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was suprised how much I liked this collection. I wasn't convinced until I saw little Donatella at the end.